top of page

Parish church

It dates back to the first third of the 16th century. Its Latin cross plan consisted of a single nave with two sections with hollowed and hemispherical vaults. After the Lisbon earthquake (1755) a section was lengthened towards the feet, adding two aisles, two collateral chapels and other dependencies.

Executed in baroque language, it maintains the classist tone of the Renaissance building. It houses important carvings of Huelva imagery and its patronage is dedicated to the Virgen del Reposo, who presides over the main altar. The three facades conserve the 17th century Sevillian pictorial tile altarpieces.

bottom of page